Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) govern your use of all Services. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not use the Service.
1.1 – This Service is owned and operated by Chic Industries Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07308133 with its registered office at 32 Aldwick Road, Beddington, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 4PL
1.2 – Where we use the term “Service” we mean any website, application, app, mobile site and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
1.3 – Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, graphics, pictures, video, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, sent, uploaded, transmitted or otherwise made available by us, vendors, our licensors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
1.4 – Where we refer to “The Chic Geek”, “we”, “us” and “our” we mean Chic Industries Limited, its group companies and assigns and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives.
1.5 – Where we refer to a “Search Engine” we mean a free, publicly-accessible database of information accessed on, through or using the internet where results are displayed in response to specific individual search queries as a brief extract of text and/or thumbnail image, as well as a link to the webpage where such information is published, displayed or otherwise made available.
1.6 – Where we refer to “you” and “your” this means or relates to you the user.
1.7 – Please check this page regularly as your continued use of the Service shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Service. By using this service you understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time.
Limit of Age & Restrictions
2.1 – You must be at least 16 years of age in order to use the Service.
2.2 – We strongly recommend that if you are 16 years of age or older but not yet 18, you ask your parents for permission before sending any information about yourself to anyone over the internet. Advice for parents and keeping safe online can be found here.
Third party links, service providers and linking to the Service
3.1 – The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality as they are outside our service. The third parties mentioned may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
3.2 – The Service may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by third party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, shopping, payment processing, photo and video galleries, auctions, blogs. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, agreements, contracts, and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these terms and conditions. The Chic Geek specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third party service providers.
3.3 – We require that any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not
- 3.3.1 – create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
- 3.3.2 – imply that The Chic Geek is endorsing it or its products or services;
- 3.3.3 – use The Chic Geek Trade Mark (as defined in clause 8.2 below) without permission from us;
- 3.3.4 – harvest, crawl, copy, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, obtain, compile, aggregate, capture, store, access, or republish Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, including but not limited to any purpose related to data mining and/or the training or operation of any software or service to the extent that it incorporates a large language model, foundation model, deep machine learning, generative artificial intelligence, or any other process of a nature commonly referred to as artificial intelligence, unless previously agreed with us;
- 3.3.5 – contain content that could be construed as illegal, offensive, distasteful, controversial or otherwise detrimental to The Chic Geek’s reputation or commercial interests.
- 3.3.6 – infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
3.4 – The Chic Geek expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
Use of the service by you
4.1 – You agree to use the Service only for your own personal non-commercial use and lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. With personal and non-commercial use, you may retrieve and display Content from this Service on a computer screen or other device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content.
4.2 – Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, you agree not to use the Services:
- 4.2.1 – in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- 4.2.2 – in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- 4.2.3 – to send, knowingly receive, upload, submit download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Acceptable Content Policy below;
- 4.2.4 – to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- 4.2.5 – for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- 4.2.6 – to scrape, spider, mine, gather, copy, harvest, crawl, index, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, access, store, or republish any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Service, including by an automated or manual process or otherwise, for any and all purposes other than indexing Content for inclusion in a Search Engine, including but not limited to any purpose related to data mining and/or the training or operation of any software or service to the extent that it incorporates a large language model, foundation model, deep machine learning, generative artificial intelligence, or any other process of a nature commonly referred to as artificial intelligence; or
- 4.2.7 – to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
4.3 – Other than connecting to The Chic Geek’s servers by HTTP/HTTPS requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to The Chic Geek’s servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using editors passwords, administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.